Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The clock is ticking...

The clock is ticking...
It is late...
And I am awake.

Everyone says:
"Get sleep while you can!"

What if I can't?

What if I can't stop thinking about this profound little miracle that is about to change our lives forever?

What if I can't stop thinking about our sweet baby's amazing mother?

What if I can't stop thinking about the struggles and the trials and the bitter-sweet blessings adoption brings from all angles?

What if I can't stop thinking about all the little things I have to do this week?

{grades, laundry, lesson plans, parent teacher conferences, putting away christmas, packing for the baby, packing for the husband, packing for me, cleaning, finding a house sitter, meeting with my long term sub, finding our housing in alaska, finishing some shopping, and going on the last date we will ever go on with out having to pay a babysitter while still in our twenties...}

What if I can't stop thinking about what to pack?
Did I pack to much?
Did I pack enough?
What does she need the most?
What can I live without?

What if I can't stop thinking about the airplane ride?
Will they loose our luggage? {We change planes twice.}

What if I can't stop thinking about meeting them.
Our baby's birthmom.
Her parents.
Her siblings.
Our miracle(s).
{Yes there is an (s) because I feel their love for the mother of our child and I am oh so grateful for that.}

The clock is ticking and I feel like it is running fast.

Everything happens eventually.

And eventuallies are coming faster and faster all of the time.

Eventually I will have to have parent teacher conferences ( 2 days)
Eventually I will say good-bye to my students for a few months ( 3 days)
Eventually we will get on that plane to Alaska (4 days)
Eventually we will meet that Angel of ours (4, maybe 5 days)

Eventually that baby of ours will be due (9 days)

Eventually we will hold that baby in our arms ( less than 10 days for sure!)

Have I told you lately that Eventually is my favorite word?

9 comments:

SoftlyFalling said...

Everything is going to work out and you and Daren are going to make wonderful parents :)

Shannon said...

SO exciting Shannon! It sounds like there are lots of little things to stress about, but the reward in the end is so great it's hard to really let that stress bring you down. I talked with my parents about knowing anyone in the area and they don't - I'm so sorry! I wish I could've helped relieve some stress in at least one area! Let me know if you need anything!! Love you!

Candise said...

Can't wait to hear about your grand adventures. Write in your journal often...these experiences are amazing and precious and don't come around too often!

Best of luck!

Gerb said...

Forget the whole, "Sleep while you can" thing. It's a wonderful idea, but it never works. We are so EXCITED for what will be transpiring over the next month! Let us know if we can help at all on our end. LOVE YOU BOTH!

Mamasooz said...

Breathe. Eat a piece of chocolate. Or two. Give Daren a neckrub, then ask for one yourself. What gets done will be enough, you'll see.

Love, Mom xoxo

Boyd and Sarise said...

Ahhhh! Yay!!! Send some laundry and a list of errands my way ;) The best thing I learned with Jake, is that you plan and plan for everything to be perfect, and then nothing goes just as you planned, but it ends up being even more perfect. We're praying for you! And I know lots of others are too. Love you both!!!

PS. If those hats don't get there on time I'm going to personally strangle the mail man/lady.

Lesley Wright said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so happy for you two (soon to be 3). I have not read any blogs for a long while so this is the first time I am hearing the wonderful news. I can't wait to see pictures of your precious bundle of joy. I know you will be fantastic parents.

Kirsti said...

You so sound like a pregnant lady!! :) I'm so excited for your upcoming adventure! I can't wait to see pictures and hear about your baby story!
Good luck getting everything done. I love your mom's advice that what gets done will be enough. Mom's are great.
4 days, and counting!! Congrats!

McKenzie said...

We're SOOO excited for you guys!!!! By the way, I was thinking she was due in March for some reason so I hadn't asked earlier what your address was.....what is it???