So as some of you may have heard... We started our trip to go adopt our daughter on Saturday, January 9th.
The pictures should tell the story. My words just kinda fill in the blanks.
Enjoy! We certainly are!
{Us on the first leg from Idaho Falls to Salt Lake. Then from Salt Lake to Seattle, and then on to Fairbanks, Alaska!}
We got the weirdest looks from people in the airport. We nearly gave one lady a heart attack because she thought we were suffocating our baby... No, just trying to keep it clean folks.
Brittani met us at the airport and helped us find our host family's home. She came over the next day and went through all her baby clothes with me. Too fun!
This baby is going to be too cute! {just like her Brittani.}
Monday Morning: January 11th, 2010
We got a text saying that Britt had been in pain most of the night and was going in to get checked out. She may or may not be in labor...
It turns out she is! But not enough to be admitted. Time to walk the halls and hope we get to stay!
And we do. And we wait. They say maybe 12-24 hours.
At this point she had been in early labor for about 14 hours. {12pm}
We waited and waited but Brittani dilated pretty quickly, almost a whole centimeter per hour. But no water break!
No pictures during labor and delivery... Can you blame us???
Brittani's water finally broke after she hit 9 cm.
Soon after the pushing began and the lowered down the baby table.
Brittani pushed for about 45 minutes. Each time getting closer. The whole time I was worried about Brittani but she was so strong! She went the whole 21 hours without an Epidural. Sure it hurt, but she is so strong. {My job during all this was fanning her and keeping her cool, what can I say, I am a huge FAN of our Birth mom}
Finally...
Addilynn Ann
was born.
Addilynn Ann
1.11.10
8:31 pm
6 lbs. 10 oz.
21 1/2 inches long
I couldn't believe that the Lord had finally granted me this most prayed for blessing. There she was right in front of me and I still felt like I was dreaming.
Holding my little Addi in my arms though was exactly the "eventually" I had been waiting for all of these years. She is perfect.
After getting to hold that sweet little miracle, I took her over to our Brittani. She did such an amazing job.
Then I took her to her daddy.
He couldn't have been more happy.
Daddy loves his Addi
We got to follow Addilynn to the nursery to watch her get cleaned up and we even got to give her very first bath.
Addi's temperature getting stabilized
Lots of dark pretty hair!
Getting checked out by the doc. I love how sweet and new she is.
After being checked out we went back to Brittani's room and visited, but then returned Addi for the night. She was breathing a little fast and they wanted to keep close eye on her for the night.
The Fairbanks Memorial Hospital was SOOO Adoption Friendly. The put us in an spare room and let us stay for free. They also had the most awesome nurses to take care of Brittani and Addi.
I woke up at around 2:30 so I could go feed her. It was neat to have my first little one on one time with her. I sang her "you are my sunshine". That was the song my mommy use to sang to me.
Addi had some stomach issues and had to get her tummy pumped out. She has a bit of a sensitive stomach and has to have the sensitive formula, but she is doing good now!
January 12, 2010
We hung out in the hospital the next day and visited
We are staying with the Hull's while we are here in AK.
Sister Hull came to visit and say hello to Brittani & Addi, along Amanda, Deanne, Melanie, and other family.
Addi makes the cutest faces. And she loves her binky.
Long and skinny!
I feel like Addi knows what's going on sometimes... Very smart little girl. She's a thinker that one.
Addi with Granny Teresa
Addi with Pappa Dennis
Our little family: Daren, Addi, Brittani, Shannon
Addi's 2nd night. I loved being able to sleep beside her.
January 13th, 2010: Placement Day
We woke up and got little miss Addilynn all ready. After getting checked out and everything we took her to hang out with her birth family and let them have some time to themselves.
Placement day is kind of a beautiful, scary, tragic, miracle.
{way to many emotions in one day to describe}
While Addi went to hang out we went to work on placement papers.
It was a little baffling at all of the papers we had to sign.
This was the beginning of all of the legal aspects of bringing Addi into our family. Hopefully it is fast and pain free!
Addi with her most wonderful Birth Family
Addi with her way exhausted but incredibly happy parents
Miracles Happen. Need I say more?
Adoption:
a-dop-tion/ (uh-dop-shuhn)/noun.
Adored and loved by both of my families.
Brittani signed, placed, and forever entrusted us with this little {huge} piece of her heart.
She is so awesome and we love her so much!
We took our little Addilynn home to the Hull's house. She really likes her car seat.
We came home, we all had supper and we are still kind of just in awe in all of the miracles that occurred over the past few days. Everything went perfectly. Heavenly Father is definitely in the details.
We are so in love with our little Addilynn Ann!
19 comments:
...sniff... that's beautiful Shan. I can't wait to see the 3 of you together in person. Love ya.
I can't even began to tell you how happy we are for you! You and darren are such amazing people and we're so excited for you to have Addi in your lives. Good luck! Just remember babies will eventually sleep through the night :) We love you!!!!!
Your mom isn't the only one who cried through the entire blog post... I loved it! I really started sobbing when I saw the picture of you first holding Addi in your arms. What a blessing!!!! You will be such a fantastic mom, and I can't wait to follow the rest of the adventure.
Mmmwwwaaaaaa!!!!!
Yay! She is sooo beautiful! Congrats you guys :) Welcome to parenthood, I know you will both do an excellent job, she is a very blessed little girl. Love you both!! Can't wait to 'watch' her grow up through your camera lense ;)
Fantastic post, Shann! Love you to pieces. :) And that little girl is ADORABLE!!! I know how busy you are, but gimme a call when you have a chance. I want to ooooooo and aaaaaaawwww, and gush about her with you.
What a beautiful, beautiful story Shannon! Thanks for sharing this miracle with us. Hope you are all doing wonderful :)
I am so happy for you guys! I'm cried when I saw you holding her. Congratulations! I can't think of two more perfect to have the miracle involve! I'm so glad the details went so well!
Hey there. I saw your blog through Syd and Jakes blog. Congrats to both of you. Your little girl is beautiful. Enjoy the sleepless nights while they last because then before you know it, they are big. Congratulations again!!!!!
Congratulations! She is beautiful and I'm so glad that everything went well! You two will make wonderful parents!
Oh she is SO beautiful!!
Congratulations!
I'm so happy for you guys!
i don't know you personally... but i feel like i do through Sarise. We were great friends back in Wymount. I had to tell you congratulations. She is beautiful. You guys look happy beyond all belief. and what an angel Brittani is to have brought little Addi into your life! I am SO happy for you guys!!! I wish you the best!!!!!!!!!1
Oh my gosh Shannon! This is Erin, I found your blog from adoption voices! Congratulations! She is absoulutly beautiful! And such a cute name too!
Congratulations guys, we are so thrilled for you and little Addi! Thanks so much for sharing all of the details. We had some great reactions from the empty car seat in the airport going to Michigan, too. Awesome that the hospital gave you a room. We tried "fishing" for one with the nurses in MI - no such luck.
Wow! Congratulations! She is just beautiful. I found your blog through Megan and Shane's blog. (The Arizona Experiment)
We are adopting a little boy who's birth mom is in Fairbanks next month. I am pretty sure we will also be staying with the Hulls. I would love to talk more to you if you have a spare second (I know, that might be asking a bit much) but if you do find a bit of time, my email address is meganpenny at gmail dot com
congrats to brittani and the two of you! she is beautiful. yay for adoption!!
Every part of this story makes my heart happy. What an immensely loved little girl! LOVE YOU!
congrats, so happy for you and she is just so adorable!
-Whitney
Congratulations. Congratulations. This is such a bittersweet time. I know what you're feeling all too well. Isn't it so worth it though??
Take care; we'll be thinking of you.
Shannon,
I don't know if you will remember me, but we met at the R House FSA fireside. I'm SO HAPPY for you! She's beautiful and what a wonderful story she has! Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment