Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thoughts from a new mom...


I am sitting on the couch next to the most beautiful sleeping baby ever... I should be:

a.) showering

b.) NOT blogging

c.) cleaning

d.) washing bottles

e.) doing homework

f.) All of the Above

{And the answer is F.}
But the reality is:

e.) Watching the little miracle that grows more and more every day.

I want to record every second but time moves too quickly!!!

And I have a guilty conscience. Brittani needs a big fat virtual hug because I am lame and have not been on the computer as much as I use to. Please visit her blog and see how amazing she is... She talks about how it is hard growing up and dealing with grown up things... but in my very biased opinion, she is doing beautifully. Despite all of the heart ache and melancholy associated with the bittersweetness of Adoption, there is a part of her that rises above it all and sees things clearly. It makes me tear up to see how strong she is, and it makes me proud because I know she passed that part of her on to our daughter, which I am forever and eternally indebted and grateful for.

Addi is doing amazing. Here some mommy notes:

She is growing more and more everyday. I am pretty sure that she is close to 8 lbs. My sweet little girl is stretching out those tiny little newborn gerber onesies and I am pretty sure that I will not be able to snap them shut in about 2 weeks.

She loves to sleep unswadled and stretched out like a starfish. Sometimes, if I am lucky, I catch her dreaming and she scrunches up her little nose like she is dreaming about stinky diapers or gas bubbles. Hilarious.

She is starting to fill out a little. She was super skinny when she was born but she is getting the cutest little cheeks that are just so kissable that they are irresistible. (And she doesn't like it when I talk about this because, as we noticed at the baby shower she fusses, but... She is starting on a double chin!)

Addi is totally a Daddy's girl. She loves looking at him. It was funny because the relief society brought us over some dinner last night and she had eyes for only him! Funny girl!!!

Addi is taking after my mom already. When she was born she had these steely dark eyes and we were clueless on how they would turn out. My mom gave birth to four blue eyed children, none with her brown eyes... Well I think Heavenly Father listened to her wish and gave her a brown eyed beauty for a grand daughter. Those brown eyes are so big, pretty, and bright!

There is more. LOTS more. But Little Miss Addilynn is stirring which means I need to put the laptop down and make a bottle... again. How I love being able to say that I am a gourmet chef for my baby girl. One bottle de Le Similac coming right away for the bebe! Life is good =)

1 comment:

Boyd and Sarise said...

So cute Shan! Glad you're loving every minute. Good luck with the grad school project!