Once upon an autumn afternoon, a lady goes to work in her classroom and tackle the mountain of papers she has neglected to grade this week. After getting into her room and setting down her things, she feels the need to pee. She heads to the restroom and then returns to find that she has locked herself out once AGAIN, but this time without her car keys, badge key, wallet, or cell phone! She desperately walks the halls to see if anyone neglected to lock their door for the weekend and find a phone, but with no luck. She was left with no choice but to walk home, the whole 4.25 miles.
{Can you guess who this lady is? Unfortunately for myself it was me!}
As annoying as the circumstances were, it gave me some much needed time to think. It was a blessing that I had a sweater on, and that it wasn’t too cold. It was a blessing that the grey clouds stayed away and the rain with them. It was nice to listen to the leaves rustling in the trees and crunch under my feet. It was nice to see the farm animals carryon the way they do; I saw goats, cows, horses, and farm geese along the way. And it was good to have an hour and a half to just let myself think about all of the craziness of this week.I have never felt so much emotion all at the same time for such a long period of time. Blessed. Scared. Happy. Sad. Confident. Worried. Peaceful. Anxious. BAFFLED. All of these words might describe how I am feeling but yet are completely off. I don’t know that there is a word to describe how I feel. I just know that I am so grateful and blessed for a special woman in Alaska, and for her little one that she has chosen to place in our arms in January. I want to write and tell every little detail, but like Mary, I think I am going to ponder these things in my heart a little longer. Thank you for all your well wishes everyone! We love you!

2 comments:
Glad it wasn't too cold! Hope you don't need anything out of your room for the rest of the weekend.
We are so excited for you! Way to take a bad moment of having to walk home that far and make it positive. It is nice to sometimes have to slow down and enjoy the simple things.
Post a Comment