Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Prodigal Husband Returns


Well, he is back. After a summer of lying by the pool, playing Xbox until 2 am every night, and sleeping in until noon, my wonderful husband is back. He took sixth place in the company with 285 installs. We were apart for 2 months at the beginning of the summer while I worked, and then for almost a month at the end, so I am really glad to have him back, not to mention Chooch who won’t leave his side. He left Wednesday night, and like the crazy kid he is, drove all night long. Then he did two more jobs in SLC and came home to me on Thursday at about 6:45. It was so fun to see each other again; almost weird because it was hard to believe he was home. He has been gone for 5 months.

After kissing me hello, the first thing he says is, “Maybe I should start the yard work tonight?” I gave him a firm “no.”

But the next day he was at it and there is a ton to do still. I am definitely not cut out for the big and busy piece of land we are on, but he loves it and when he is finished it always makes me appreciate everything he has given me so much more. I am so glad to have him home!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Daren's an installing Rock Star! Glad you guys are together again, love you both...

Super Angie said...

Yeah!!! You're back together again! Being apart is so hard. I'm glad you don't have to do it any more (for now at least).

How did the graduate classes go?

The Caple Crew said...

SHANNON! Yay, I am so happy I found your blog! Hey I got a blog too, you should check it out sheldonandjen.blogspot.com
and through my page you can find Cami's blog!

Cami said...

Hey you Sista from anotha mista!! I've been wondering how you were doing. Souns like you are good. Good luck with that masters. I am not a school person, so I am giving you props for that. Hope you come to SL soon and come see me!! I wanna meet that man of yours! Check us out at www.paulandcami.blogspot.com, but you wont really see much of us on there. It was taken over by a small little being named Cali. See ya!