Daren and I went to his Black Family Reunion in Manti, Utah last Thursday- Saturday. It was so fun to see everyone. It makes me wish we lived closer because all of the babies grow sooo fast, we kind of miss a lot. We really need to make a effort to come down more and see them. We stayed at the Temple Hill RV Resort and for creating our own little tent city, it was great as camping goes. They had really nice bathrooms and showers, a pool and a little play area, not to mention a fabulous view of the Manti temple. We had an opportunity to go to the temple with some of Daren's brothers and sisters and it was great. The temple is over 100 years old and it is amazing to me what the early saints accomplished with their own hands and without power tools. The carpentry inside is so intricate and you can tell at once that it must have taken years to complete; the building was built as a labor of love in honor of our god. It is such a peaceful place and I really hope we can go back there again soon.
After the reunion was over we decided to keep it going a little bit longer with Daren's Sister Rachel and her husband Jeremy. We drove a few hours over to Moab to hit up Arches national park and the colorado river. It was pretty amazing but also really hot. I highly recommend going in the spring or the fall and skipping the whole "lets walk through the dessert in the middle of July" thing. Regardless we still had a great time and had a blast with the fam! We took some really cool pictures but the wireless connection I have right now is taking forever to load them so maybe I will post a slide show when I get back. Until then.... ttfn.
1 comment:
Shan, looks like you guys have had a great summer! Ours has gone by SO FAST. It's hard to believe school will be starting soon...
Post a Comment